Today was a win for Desert Man. It was not an overwhelmingly amazing day - nothing truly special happened; but enough little good things happened that it's a win.
And I'll take wins when I can get them.
Got up earlier than usual to work an hour of overtime.
I drank a V8.
Made tea.
I showered - that's a win. I don't always get up and shower - even when I need to.
I know that I need to get my haircut and I need to shave. I have grown a weird, patchy, shitty beard. And it has to go.
And it will go eventually. This weekend most likely. I'll shave the beard and get a haircut.
And I need a new belt. A new belt to go with my new shoes.
I'm wearing a brown belt with these - I don't know what the hell color they are, beige? - shoes.
I think the shoes are funny. They are different from my brown Clarks which I've worn every day since I started work. They're more effeminate. It's a weird look for me. It's metro. I'm not sure if it's good or bad. But I'm going with it.
I worked hard at work. I don't think I slacked off in any way. And I was productive as hell. I drank black tea all day.
My boss suddenly left for some kind of emergency at home. Not sure what that was, but his leaving was jarring.
I had some superficial, work-related interaction with this girl who I think likes me - and is very attractive. She has a boyfriend but I feel some energy between us. I could be projecting it but I don't think so. I really feel it. I'm not making it up. At least I don't think I am.
I left work only fifteen minutes after close. I often stay later.
I drove to the gas station and bought five dollars worth of gas, but, like, 15 bucks of wine. Not a win - but not a complete and total loss.
Came home, and lifted weights. I didn't go as ham as I could have but I did it. I worked out at home of my own volition. A win. A motherfucking win.
And then I made dinner - pork chops and kale salad. A motherfucking win. I baked the chops - I think I might have overcooked them but they're still delicious. I only ate one and put the rest in tupperware - for tomorrow and the next day. Every time I work out after work I can eat a pork chop.
Relaxing now. Drinking the wine I bought. Watching a VHS tape. And tomorrow I'm going to win even more.
Desert Man wins.
No comments:
Post a Comment