Monday, September 25, 2017

Desert Man's Dull Day.

Woke up this morning just a few minutes before the alarm; not tired but not energetic either.

I had taken two benadryl last night, two advil, and several gulps of scotch whiskey. And I slept for a long time.

I woke up and made tea. And then showered. And then I put on a pair of gray pants I've had for a while and worn many times. But I wore a new blue shirt. And it's a bright blue, aqua blue. And I wore new shoes. And I felt weird about the outfit. Something different about it. I don't often wear bright colors. I wasn't sure if I looked ridiculous or not. I haven't shaved in a while. So my beard, though patchy, is out of control. Nothing like a full beard. Just out of control facial pubes.

I had thought about walking to work but decided against it because I had to run to the grocery store after work. And the grocery store is driving distance.

I got to work and work was not too hectic. On my first break I sat and texted with my ex. On my lunch break I went and refilled my tea mug with hot water and put in fresh tea bags and then sat by myself in a building far away from my building where I work. It feels nice to get some solitude on lunch.

I got out of work pretty much on time. I work the last shift in my department and I can't leave until all phone calls are taken care of which takes me past 7pm most nights. Tonight I left close to 7pm. Just a little after. And a manager who I have always been afraid of because she seems mean was actually being warm and friendly, and she was wearing an interesting dark green shirt. I said goodbye to my friend who works the last shift with me. He was still working when I left.

I drove to get groceries. The traffic was intense. Street construction.

I stopped off to stuff myself with Chinese fast food before going into the grocery store. The staff at the chinese fast food place is no good. Not friendly.

I sat by myself, stuffing my face with more food than I needed. I felt tired, sick. I'm still getting over my illness.

I got into the car and drove through the parking lot to the grocery store. It's a grocery store I've never been in. But it's the one right next to the chinese fast food place.

It was busy with college students. Annoying college students.

Dead-eyed kids. Some attractive. Bros. Nothing wrong with bro's. These were dead eyed people.

I got what I needed: two boxes of black tea, bath tissue, stew meat, and a meat thermometer. I waited in line behind two chinese kids. Weird looking chinese kids. I checked out.

I drove home. Traffic: slow. Super slow. Too slow. "Take a letter, Maria." "Jump." That was the kind of schlock on the radio. Nothing good.

Got home. Checked mail. Nothing good.

Now: drinking scotch and water. "The Maltese Falcon" on VHS. Sleep: soon.

Work: earlier than normal.

And the desert is cooling off.


No comments:

Post a Comment