I live in a town in the United States, in a desert town. Soon, I'm moving to a desert city.
Recently, I've encountered some challenges. I got out of a relationship. A long one. One that I thought would last a long time. Possibly forever. I would have forced it to last forever, quite frankly. But then it ended.
Because it ended I moved to the desert. And what did I bring with me? A fat body. A drinking problem. Debt. Lots of debt. No job.
I moved in with my parents. I'm hiding the drinking problem and the debt from them. But not the fat body. That's hard to hide.
I was looking for a job in my field. I got a Master's degree in my field. I couldn't find a job in my field. I decided, because I have a car, that I could be a ride share driver. For Uber. There were challenges in that.
My car had damage on it. I had to get the damage repaired. So I did that. With my dad's help. It took much longer than I would have liked. And I have debt. The debt accumulates. I can't pay it. But I can't tell anyone either.
And so now, having struck out on a number of jobs in my field, I drive Uber in the desert town. It's not the best town to drive Uber in. There aren't a lot of people here. Furthermore, I live far outside of town. So I have to drive a long way before I find a rider. But I find riders.
I'll write about riders. I'll write about what I want. I'll write about what I end up getting. I don't feel I deserve readers. But I feel like at this point my life won't work if I don't write it down. I hope you enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment