Yesterday was a good day. Important to celebrate the good days.
I walked in the desert, got a haircut and later I had a good time driving Uber. I made better money than I've made in a while, had a steady stream of rides.
But I'm moving into my new apartment tomorrow. And now I really had better make some money. I need to make $850 just to pay rent before I start work on the 22nd. I won't have as much time to drive after that. And I also have to make $450 to give to my creditors. I am under financial pressure. I am scared.
I have been listening to the audiobook of "Open" by Andre Agassi. He is a man of the desert too, having grown up in Las Vegas. I'm enjoying the account of his life. It strikes me that he did most of what he did because he had to, not because he wanted to. I identify with that.
Last night, when I got home from driving I drank, of course. I finally have to get up early tomorrow. I can't drink as much tonight.
I have much to do today. But it will get done.
I need to focus on staying positive - talking to myself in a positive way. Coaching myself. Much of what Andre Agassi did that was positive was because he coached himself.
I'm okay today. I will do what needs to get done. One thing at a time. Shut out self-defeating thoughts. It will be alright.
No comments:
Post a Comment